Friday, May 26, 2017

This I Believe

“Be Happy”
Gabe Chavez

This I believe happened when I was a child, I have always believed if you want to do something, just go out and do it.  When I was a little boy, I have always doubted myself. I was overweight for my age and small for a child. On the other hand, Dr. Howard my fifth grade teacher would always have a positive attitude when I came into class. He wouldn't care about what people said about him, he would tell the whole class silly stories about his experiences in life, and sometimes they're were depressing. He’d also playfully make fun of us. He would always say speeches in the begin of class to get us in the zone. But on this one day, he said “ If you're not happy in what you are doing, then what is the point of doing it?”


This speech didn’t hit me at first, but after a couple months, I realize that if he didn’t say that speech I would not be the same person I am today. For example, this one time I volunteered to play baseball. I had to attend practice constantly, and I got so tired and didn't enjoyed it at all. So I quitted and decided to play basketball. So till this day forward, I play basketball for that reason. And now I'm one the best basketball players in my school. If you doing something doesn't make you happy, don't do it.


I believe that people should do something that they are happy to do. Do what makes you happy in life and not what people want you to do. Be excited when you're doing the activities that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment